These are technical notes I compiled while studying using Trailhead, Salesforce's free self-learning portal.
Make the Move to Digital Two-Way MessagingSummarize why two-way mobile messaging is the future of customer service. Explain the clear business value for two-way mobile messaging. Explain why Salesforce is the leader in providing the path for two-way mobile messaging.
- People use their cell phones for text messaging more than calling.
- Texting is the future for customer service because its the way most customers communicate in their own lives.
- Texting is lower cost than voice and results in more efficient call centers.
- Service cloud messaging lets companies text using the company’s existing 1-800 number.
Use Mobile to Connect with Your Customers and Your WorkforceUse Snap-ins to help your customers connect to information and your agents, instantly through your mobile app. Explain the capabilities and benefits of making customer connections anywhere. Name the benefits that Field Service can have on your mobile workforce. Explain how Messaging can modernize your contact center.
- Service Cloud Embedded Service for Mobile Apps are a set of a tools that let you add Service Cloud platform features to existing iOS and Android apps. Service Cloud Embedded Service for Mobile Apps is part of an SDK powered by Service Cloud. Features:
- Knowledge Base: connects existing knowledge base to your mobile app.
- Case Management: gives customers option to create a case right in the app, with or without authentication.
- Real-Time Support: add chat to offer customers real-time conversations with support agents.
- Community Cloud is a branded community or portal that customers can access to find what they need on any mobile device.
- Data from the org can be shared externally through the community.
- Field Service is a system Salesforce added to Service Cloud platform to provide customer support org
- With Embedded Service, you can deliver Knowledge, Live Agent Chat, SOS video chat, and case management to your mobile app
- A mobile community makes it easier for customers to access self-service info and data from any device
- Field service helps make your service team work smarter with complete schedule views for dispatchers.
- Messaging modernizes your contact center with instant mobile conversational service.
Deliver Personalized On-Site Service with Field ServiceDescribe the mobile worker. Summarize why Field Service is relevant to your mobile workforce and the tools at your disposal. Define the metrics that are most important to field service managers.
- Field service is a set of work tasks that need to be performed on-site.
- A typical workflow is that a customer makes a service request.
- An agent receives the service request and creates a work order.
- A dispatcher ensures that the right work is assigned to the right mobile employee.
- The mobile field worker receives the work order and actually completes the job.
- To increase first-time and fix-rate metrics, mobile workers need pertinent information available on their mobile device.
- Field Service features smart, automatically-optimized scheduling so their time is managed optimally.
- Work Orders are integrated with other areas of the business and CRM, including accounts, contacts, assets, cases, entitlements, and service contracts.
- With the field service app, workers can view customer info, deliver updates, access knowledge articles, and collaborate with product experts on the go.
- Field Service is built offline first, so it works even without cell phone connection. It seemlessly updates in the background once the connection is reestablished.
- Mobile workers are key touch points for service because they work face-to-face with customers.
- Field Service makes a difference in the way the mobile workforce works together because agents and dispatchers are all connected by the same platform.
- A top priority for field service managers is increasing first-time fix rates.
Create Self-Service Communities and PortalsDescribe how self-service can help boost customer experience. Describe how customer communities are integrated with Service Cloud. Explain how to integrate custom branding and integration into your business processes.
- Customers generally prefer taking care of an issue themselves, rather than reaching out to customer support.
- Communities is:
- A gathering place for customers to help themselves and one another
- An account portal where customers can access information they need
- A support hub to connect with agents, ask questions, and get help
- Service Cloud and Communities integrate together:
- One-Stop customer experience: possible to integrate business processes like account balances and preferences so that customers can view them without leaving the community.
- Easy to use the Lightning Community Builder to deploy previously internal how-to guides and articles and push them to the community.
- Engaging the way Customers want: whether posing a question in a forum, starting a chat, or logging a case.
- With easy, drag-and-drop lightning templates, its possible to create your own branded community portal using Lightning Community Builder.
- Communities empower customers to do routine tasks themselves, such as resetting their own passwords or checking their account balance. This results in decreased call volume.
- Customer communities provide customers with an enhanced knowledge base and instant access to account information.
- It’s easy to build you rown branded customer community by using lightning templates.
- You can integrate your customer community seamlessly with Service Cloud because they’re both built on the Salesforce platform.
Use Analytics to Gather Insights and Drive ProfitabilityDescribe what you can do on the Service Analytics Platform. Explain how data-driven insights can improve your customer experience. Name which kinds of metrics Einstein Discovery can deliver. Describe how Service Analytics lets you set key performance indicators (KPIs) and resolve cases faster.
- Service Analytics provides prebuilt apps so external sources can be integrated into Service Cloud metrics. This includes enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, computer telephony integrations (CTI), and workforce management (WFM) systems.
- Resources from Salesforce:
- With Service Analytics, the team can get actionable metrics to find insights in a click.
- Service Analytics improves the customer experience by empowering agents to use customer profiles and case histories to gain insights and make informed decisions.
- With Service Analytics, you can set KPIs in a single dashboard.
- Once its done analyzing your data, Einstein Discovery generates predictions and recommendations for handling customer cases.