Salesforce Fundamentals Introduction
Multitenant Architecture Overview
- Multitenant - means you’re on a platform and sharing resources with other Salesforce customers.
- Each “instance” or org is obviously separate.
- Multitenant Architecture write-up
- developer.salesforce.com has many other similar useful articles
- Salesforce encourages good coding practices to help developers avoid “bringing the system down” for everyone.
Introducing the MVC Design Pattern
- MVC stands for “Model, View, Controller” - it is a software development paradigm
- Understanding the pattern will make you an effective app builder
- Model: Salesforce Objects, Apex Classes
- Heavy focus in this cert
- View: Pages, Components
- Medium focus in this cert
- Controller: Standard, Custom (Apex)
- Light focus in this cert
The Salesforce Schema
- Access via: Setup > Quick Find > “Schema” > Schema Builder
Helpful Practice Activity – Downloading Apps off the AppExchange
- Access from Setup homepage or visit AppExchange.salesforce.com
AppExchange Sample Exam Question #3 from Study Guide
- If the exam question mentions “limited in-house development resources,” the correct answer is likely to involve AppExchange
Helpful Practice Activity – Resetting Your Security Token
- Security token is used for data loader. It is an additional layer of security that Salesforce uses.
- View from personal user screen (top right)
- Reset from Settings > My Personal Info > Reset My Security Token
These notes were taken while studying using Mike Wheeler's Salesforce Courses.