Create a button that will perform a Google Search for the Name of a Contact. Place this button on the record page for the Contact.
Salesforce Classic Record Page
- Object Manager > Contact > “Buttons, Links, and Actions”
- “New Button or Link”
- Label: Google Search
- Name: Google_Search
- Display Type: Detail Page Button
- Behavior: Display in existing window without sidebar or header
- Add “Google Search” button to the Custom Buttons section of the Contact page layout
- Note that this only makes the button appear in Salesforce Classic
Lightning Experience Record Page
- Click the link to override the predefined actions in the “Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions” section of the Page Layout.
- Ensure that the “Google Search” button is included in the the “Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions” section.
These notes were taken while studying using Mike Wheeler's Salesforce Courses.