Quick Start: Process Builder
These are technical notes I compiled while studying using Trailhead, Salesforce's free self-learning portal.
Create a New Process on the Account Object
- Process Builder is a workflow tool that helps automate business processes without writing a single line of code.
- This example involves creating a process that automatically updates the business address of all people working at a certain business when that business’s address changes (all Contacts associated with that Account).
- Access Process Builder via: Setup » Quick Find » “Builder” » Process Builder
Add Process Criteria
- In this worked example, when the Billing Street on the Account object “is changed” == True, then the process runs. IE, “run this process when the Billing Street changes.”
Add Your Process Action
- Note that when specifying actions, the process can work on related objects. In this case, it operates on all Contacts related to the Account.
Test Your Process
- With just a few clicks, process builder enables creation of a business process to update child records and keep your data clean and accurate.