These are technical notes I compiled while studying using Trailhead, Salesforce's free self-learning portal.
Lightning App Builder is a tool that enables users to build custom user interfaces for desktop and mobile without writing any code.
Create Your First Page
- A Lightning Page is a container for Lightning Components
- Access Lightning App Builder via: Setup » Quick Find » “Lightning App Builder” » Lightning App Builder
- Under Lightning Pages, click “New,” then “App Page,” then complete the remaining steps.
- Select an appropriate Layout for the app.
Add More Components
- Add components by dragging and dropping into the regions provided
Add Quick Actions and Activate the App
- Quick actions allow users to quickly create and modify records.
- Click into a region and click select under actions to add a quick action.
- Example actions: Log a Call, New Case, New Lead, New Task
- Activate the app by clicking Activation and following the dialogue prompt.
- Add the app to mobile on the mobile tab.
- Following activation, the new app will be available by clicking on the App Launcher button in the top left.