Duke University’s Excel to MySQL: Analytic Techniques for Business Specialization
I began pursuing the Duke University specialization called “Excel to MySQL: Analytic Techniques for Business” on June 8, 2018. The specialization consists of four courses and a capstone project, enumerated below.
Initially, I only intended on taking only the fourth course. But, I am so happy with the quality of the content, instruction, and exercises that I’ve decided to complete the entire specialization. Professors Daniel Egger and Jana Schaich Borg did an incredible job with this specialization. For $50/month, this series of courses is an incredible value.
- Business Metrics for Data-Driven Companies (cert)
- Mastering Data Analysis in Excel (cert)
- Data Visualization and Communication in Tableau
- Managing Big Data with MySQL (cert)
- Increasing Real Estate Management Profits: Harnessing Data Analytics
Similar to the post I created for the Udacity Nanodegree, I’ve broken out the hours required for the Specialization, below.
|Business Metrics for Data-Driven Companies||12-20||3.5||18||-||21.5|
|Mastering Data Analysis in Excel||48-60||-||95.5||-||95.5|
|Data Visualization and Communication in Tableau *||30-40||-||-||-||-|
|Managing Big Data with MySQL||40-60||87.5||-||-||87.5|
|Harnessing Data Analytics *||64-80||-||-||-||-|
* Update July 25, 2018: Following my completion of the Mastering Data Analysis in Excel course on July 24, 2018, I set aside the Duke University specialization to complete the first course of Google’s Machine Learning with TensorFlow on Google Cloud Platform Specialization. My motivation for doing this was to make myself the best candidate possible for data scientist role I recently began interviewing for.
Google’s Machine Learning with TensorFlow on Google Cloud Platform Specialization
The content, expected time commitment, and actual time commitment are broken out, below. The overall specialization is intended to take 9 weeks total: 1, 2, 1, 2, and 3 weeks for each respective course. The second course, Launching into Machine Learning, does not have an expected time requirement posted, but I infer it will take two weeks and 10-14 hours.
- How Google does Machine Learning (cert)
- Launching into Machine Learning
- Intro to TensorFlow
- Feature Engineering
- Art and Science of Machine Learning
|How Google does Machine Learning||8-10||28.5||3||31.5|
|Launching into Machine Learning||10-14 ?||-||-||-|
|Intro to TensorFlow||8-10||-||-||-|
|Art and Science of Machine Learning||15-21||-||-||-|